The mission of the Hoosac Valley Regional School District is to create a partnership of our schools and communities that develops all students into educated, responsible and productive citizens.
Our Guiding Principles:
Perseverance - Pursuing a goal, trying repeatedly, asking for help.
Respect - Appreciating and considering the feelings, wishes, rights, and traditions of (self) and others.
Integrity - Doing the right thing even when no one is looking; Being honest and trustworthy.
Diversity - Accepting the differences among us gives our community strength.
Empathy - Considering others points of view to better understand and contribute to the growth of the relationship.
The school community will create a learning environment that motivates and actively engages all students in mastering rigorous academic curricula. Our faculty, staff, and administrators are dedicated to a student-centered focus through continuous improvement. Student growth and development are promoted by instilling the following core values in our students:
- All students can achieve growth and improve their behavior with guidance, instruction, support, and coaching. These practices fall along a continuum that responds to individuals of all abilities.
- Students need different kinds and amounts of time, attention, tasks, and support to behave responsibly, succeed academically, and achieve at high levels.
- Teaching social and emotional skills is as important as teaching academic content.
- How we teach is as important as what we teach.
- How we work together as adults to create a safe, joyful, and inclusive school environment is as important as our individual contribution or competence.
- Partnering with families—knowing them and valuing their contributions—is as important as knowing the children we teach.
- To increase the utilization of data to improve student performance.
- To increase the number of students performing at the proficient and advanced levels.
- To engage students through technologically integrated teaching strategies.
- To implement a rigorous and relevant curriculum that is aligned to the Massachusetts Curriculum Frameworks and Common Core standards.
- To develop strategies to expand community awareness of our high school pathways for college and career readiness.