The mission of the Hoosac Valley Regional School District is to create a partnership of our schools and communities that develops all of our students into educated, responsible and productive citizens.
Perseverance: Pursuing a goal, trying repeatedly, asking for help.
Respect: Appreciating and considering the feelings, wishes, rights, and traditions of (self) and others.
Integrity: Doing the right thing even when no one is looking; Being honest and trustworthy.
Diversity: Accepting the differences among us gives our community strength.
Empathy: Considering others points of view to better understand and contribute to the growth of the relationship.
The school community will create a learning environment that motivates and actively engages all students in mastering rigorous academic curricula. Our faculty, staff, and administrators are dedicated to a student-centered focus through continuous improvement. Student growth and development are promoted through the following core values and beliefs:
- All students can achieve growth and improve their behavior with guidance, instruction, support, and coaching. These practices fall along a continuum that responds to individuals of all abilities.
- Students need different kinds and amounts of time, attention, tasks, and support to behave responsibly, succeed academically, and achieve at high levels.
- Teaching social and emotional skills is as important as teaching academic content.
- How we teach is as important as what we teach.
- How we work together as adults to create a safe, joyful, and inclusive school environment is as important as our individual contribution or competence.
- Partnering with families—knowing them and valuing their contributions—is as important as knowing the children we teach.
To increase the percentage of students performing at the proficient and advanced levels.
To increase the utilization of data to improve student performance.
To engage students through technologically integrated teaching strategies.
To implement a rigorous and relevant curriculum that is aligned to the Massachusetts Curriculum Frameworks and Common Core standards.
To develop strategies to expand community awareness of our high school pathways for college and career readiness.